"The first impression is what counts!" Then why not surprising your customers with a nice welcome hamper you have arranged before their arrival, containing some food products and in the bargain, customized it according to their dietary needs?
Of course it is always recommended to fill up the pantry with some basic foodstuffs, but arranging a personalized welcome hamper will leave your customers astonished!
Therefore keep in mind the following tips:
- Before the arrival, try to find out what can please the customer or what his/her interests are; in case he/she were a wine passionate, a good bottle of red, perhaps coming from the winery nearby your property, would be more than welcome; it would be a good spark for a visit to that cellar.
- In case some children are coming along with the group, you may arrange colour pencils and colouring books for them or, more generally, something that can entertain the little ones during those moments when adults just want to relax.
- Have you got newlyweds on the their way? Well, a bottle of sparkling wine (perhaps a good “prosecco”) and fresh flowers, will leave your guests speechless.
- Find out whether the clients suffer from any intolerance and/or allergy or whether they have got some specific dietary habits. Presenting a basket overflowing with pasta and dairy products may be unwelcome to a coeliac customer.
- Prepare the welcome hamper with local products you have searched for among the providers of the area. Once again, the customer may be tickled by the idea of visiting the cheese factory where you bought that excellent goat cheese for him/her.
- Prepare a welcome letter to go along with your hamper, left in plain sight on the main table of your holiday home.