The WishSicily brand is owned by the fully bonded Italian Tour Operator Support Sicily S.R.L., registered in Italy by Palermo's Chamber of Commerce. The Support Sicily head office is located at Via Uditore 11H, 90145 Palermo, Italy.
These Terms and Conditions, together with the entire contents of the Support Sicily website www.wishsicily.com, constitute the rules and regulations for renting a property through us.
In these Terms & Conditions, Support Sicily uses the word “customer” to mean the party representative/booking party; the word “customers” to mean all members of the booking party; the term “property owner” to mean the landlord.
Support Sicily requires that all customers read these Terms & Conditions and understand the rights and obligations of customers renting a property through Support Sicily. If, after reading these Terms & Conditions, any further explanation is required, written contact should be made directly with Support Sicily.
2. Designating a Booking Representative/Booking Party
Each booking party must appoint a representative to communicate on behalf of the booking group. The booking representative is responsible for the booking with Support Sicily and will be considered Support Sicily’s contact person for all communications necessary in planning and carrying out the booking. The booking representative must be at least 18 years old and be authorised to make decisions for the booking party.
Support Sicily will not be held liable for any commitment made in the name of and on behalf of the group, without the consent of each member of the group, by the booking representative.
3. Making a Booking
The customer can make a booking request by phone, e-mail or via the online contact form.
The booking procedure for bookings made more than 60 days before the customer arrival date is as follows:
- Once the property owner receives the booking request and confirms the availability of the requested property, the customer is obliged to arrange the deposit payment (up to 30% of the total cost agreed with the property owner when booking) to secure the booking.
- The customer must pay the deposit within 48 hours of receipt of the Deposit Payment request.
Should Support Sicily not receive the 30% deposit payment within 48 hours, the conditional offer will be terminated and the customer’s provisional booking will be cancelled.
- Following receipt of the 30% deposit payment, Support Sicily will send the customer the Booking Confirmation.
- For Premium Listing Properties, the final invoice will be sent to the customer once the remaining 70% of the total cost is received by Support Sicily. This must be at least 60 days before the arrival date (unless alternative arrangements are agreed with the property owner at the time of booking).
- For Partnership Listing Properties, the customer will pay the balance directly to the property owner as agreed at the time of booking. If no agreement has been made at the time of booking, the customer is required to pay the balance at least 60 days before the arrival date.
- For Annual Listing Properties, Support Sicily has neither a role nor responsibility for payments and customer will pay both the deposit and balance directly to the property owner in accordance with the booking conditions given by the latter.
The booking procedure for bookings made less than 60 days before the customer arrival date is as follows:
- For Premium Listing Properties, once the property owner receives the booking request and confirms the availability of the requested property, the customer has to arrange total payment to secure the booking (unless alternative arrangements are agreed with the property owner at the time of booking). The customer must pay the total amount within 48 hours of receipt of the Total Payment request. If Support Sicily does not receive payment within 48 hours, the conditional offer will be terminated and the customer’s provisional booking will be cancelled. Once the payment has been received, Support Sicily will send the customer the Booking Confirmation invoice.
- For Partnership Listing Properties, once the property owner receives the booking request and confirms the availability of the requested property, the customer is obliged to arrange the deposit payment (up to 30% of the total cost agreed with the property owner when booking) to secure the booking. The customer must pay the deposit within 48 hours of receipt of the Deposit Payment request. Should Support Sicily not receive the deposit payment within 48 hours, the conditional offer will be terminated and the customer’s provisional booking will be cancelled. The customer will pay the balance directly to the property owner as agreed at the time of booking.
- For Annual Listing Properties, Support Sicily has neither a role or responsibility for payments and customer will pay both the deposit and balance directly to the property owner in accordance with the booking conditions given by the latter.
All Support Sicily prices are in Euro, GBP and USD. All payments to Support Sicily must be made in Euro, GBP or USD.
- Deposit: up to 30% of the total cost is to be paid by the customer. This payment must be made to Support Sicily exclusively by bank transfer, VISA or Mastercard credit/debit card. Payments via credit/debit card will be charged by 4% as "admin fee". Payments via bank transfer are free of charge.
- Balance: The unpaid balance of the total cost must be paid at least 60 days before the arrival date unless alternative arrangements are agreed with the property owner at the time of booking. If this payment is not made at least 60 days before the arrival date, the booking may be cancelled, no refund will be granted under any circumstances and the customer will be obliged to pay the cancellation penalty charges (see section 6 for more information about cancellation penalty charges).
For Premium Listing Properties this payment must be made to Support Sicily exclusively by bank transfer, or credit/debit card. Payments via credit/debit card will be charged by 4% as "admin fee". Payments via bank transfer are free of charge.
When using a credit voucher issued by Support Sicily, the balance relating to the booking must be paid upon confirmation of the new booking.
For Partnership and Annual Listing Properties the customer will pay the balance directly to the property owner as agreed at the time of booking.
Support Sicily won’t be liable for any sum paid by the customer directly to the property owner or liable for any loss or damage attributable to fraudulent activities and/or listing, unless the PAYMENT PROTECTION POLICY applies>>.
5. Property Voucher, Refundable Security Deposit, Damages and Customer Conduct
For Premium Listing Properties, approximately two weeks prior to arrival date, Support Sicily will send the customer the relevant documents including the Property Voucher which will have detailed arrival instructions. For Partnership and Annual Listing Properties the customer will agree the check-in procedures and arrival instructions directly to the property owner.
A refundable security deposit is required to access the rental property. The amount of the refundable security deposit varies for each rental property and will be indicated on each property webpage under the “Price” section. In the event of any mistreatment of, or damage to, the property during the rental period, the refundable security deposit will be used to pay for the expenses of repairs.
If the customer fails to provide the full refundable security deposit immediately upon arrival, the customer will be denied access to the property. This must be paid in cash (in EUR, GBP, or USD) to the property manager/owner upon arrival at check-in. Cheques are not accepted. Support Sicily is not responsible for the refundable security deposit.
The security deposit will be used to cover the cost of potential damages reported by the customer or found upon inspection, but not to cover any extra fees for electricity usage or extra services requested by the customer.
On the day of check-out, the customer will be refunded in full by the property owner/manager less any damages caused to the property or bills left unpaid. If the damages equal or exceed the security deposit amount, the property owner is entitled to charge the full amount to the customer and invoice the remaining balance.
By agreeing to these Terms & Conditions, every customer agrees to maintain a reasonable standard of conduct during the rental period. Please note that all Support Sicily properties are strictly non-smoking. Support Sicily reserves the right to enforce the removal of any person(s) at any time based on reports of inappropriate behaviour that come from any third party including the property owner/manager, property neighbours/community or based on Support Sicily’s own judgement. Inappropriate behaviour includes but is not limited to:
- using illegal drugs or participating in other illegal or disturbing activity on the rental property;
- increasing the number of people at the rental property without notifying Support Sicily;
- bringing pets/animals onto the property without direct consent from Support Sicily.
- failure of the customer to manage separate waste collection. In this case the owner / manager will be also authorized to charge EUR 50.00 from the security deposit as compensation.
6. Customer Changes/Cancellations
* For every new booking made after April 1st 2020 Support Sicily offers free cancellation. The customer is therefore entitled to obtain a full refund where indicated on each property webpage in the price section. The request for free cancellation must be motivated by issues related to the Covid-19 emergency such as local lockdown or an enforced quarantine period, and will be granted only up to 30 days before the arrival date. For cancellations within 30 days of arrival Support Sicily will offer a credit voucher. The refund or credit voucher covers your villa booking with Support Sicily only, and does not apply to self-isolation waiting for Covid-19 test result, flights, car hire or any bookings with 3rd parties.
The request to issue the credit voucher must be received by Support Sicily within 14 days from the date of the cancellation request. Once the 14-day limit has expired, Support Sicily will retain the credit as a cancellation penalty.
In case of financial refund agreed with the customer, Support Sicily will charge EUR 165 + IVA (22%) for administrative formalities.
For all other bookings the following cancellation policy applies:
To communicate a change or cancellation, contact must be made with Support Sicily by the party representative in writing. When the customer reserves a property more than 60 days before the arrival date and pays the 30% deposit, the customer is given a 7-day period of grace to make changes or cancel without penalty. If the customer makes a booking within 60 days of the arrival date, there is no period of grace.
Support Sicily must be notified of any changes to an existing booking as soon as possible. Wherever possible, Support Sicily will try to accommodate a change to an existing booking. Increases in the size of the booking party will only be accepted if the rental property can accommodate the increased number of people. If a customer wishes to increase the booking party size, the customer will be expected to pay the additional fees that apply to the reserved property. Decreases in the booking party size after the 7-day grace period will be accepted but no refund will be granted and the customer must pay the amount originally agreed. In the event of a new booking representative replacing the designated booking representative or if the booking party in its entirety must change, the new booking representative and/or booking party must meet Support Sicily's requirements and agree to Support Sicily 's Terms and Conditions. Support Sicily reserves the right to deny the transfer of an existing booking to a new booking representative or booking party for any reason.
If a customer makes a booking and then cancels the booking after the 7-day period of grace, the customer is responsible for a cancellation fee as following:
When the customer cancels a booking 60 days or more before the arrival date:
Support Sicily will retain up to 30% of the total amount agreed as a cancellation penalty charge, however the customer can move the reservation to an alternative date subject to availability though the full balance payment terms will not be rescheduled.
When the customer cancels a booking 0-59 days before the arrival date:
Support Sicily will retain 100% of the total amount agreed as a cancellation penalty charge, however the customer can move the reservation to an alternative date subject to availability, up to 30 days before the arrival date.
7. When Support Sicily Changes/Cancels an Existing Booking
Support Sicily does everything possible to avoid changes, including cancellations, after a booking has been made. However, in the event that an existing booking must be modified or cancelled, Support Sicily reserves the right to make changes to a property or to the conditions of property use at any time. Most changes made by Support Sicily are minor; however, on occasion, Support Sicily may be required to make a substantial change to a property or to the conditions of property use. A substantial change is a change in which the rental structure, property, location, or specific facility or structure on the property is changed from the original booking conditions in such a way as to decrease the value of the property or in the event that the property that was rented originally is no longer available and alternative accommodation is provided.
In the event of a substantial change for any reason other than force majeure to an already reserved property, Support Sicily will alert the customer immediately of the change (see section 13 for more information on Force Majeure). The customer will then be given the option to modify their booking. In the event of a substantial change to an existing booking, the customer must notify Support Sicily in writing within 24 hours of being advised of the substantial change, indicating how they would like to proceed. In this case, the following options are available:
- The customer may accept the changes relating to the original booking. By agreeing to this option, the customer chooses not to change the booking and no refund will be made by Support Sicily.
- The customer may decide to reserve a rental property of a similar standard to the property originally reserved. In this case, no refund by Support Sicily or additional payment by the customer will be made.
- The customer may decide to reserve a rental property of a lesser standard than the property originally reserved and will therefore receive the difference in value between the two properties as a refund made by Support Sicily.
- The customer may decide to reserve a rental property of greater value than the property originally reserved and will therefore be required to pay the difference in price between the properties.
- The customer may decide to cancel all bookings with Support Sicily and receive a full refund for all costs already paid.
In the event of Support Sicily changing or cancelling an existing booking more than 60 days prior to the date of arrival, Support Sicily will not be subject to a penalty.
In the event of Support Sicily changing or cancelling an existing booking less than 60 days before the date of arrival, Support Sicily will provide the following additional per person compensation for all members of the party who have a minimum age of 16 years and who have been officially listed on the booking:
When the customer is notified by Support Sicily 29-59 days before arrival:
Support Sicily will provide the customer with €15.00 per person.
When the customer is notified by Support Sicily 14-28 days before arrival:
Support Sicily will provide the customer with €30.00 per person.
When the customer is notified by Support Sicily 13-0 days before arrival:
Support Sicily will provide the customer with €45.00 per person.
8. Special Requests & Needs
Should any customers have special requests and needs regarding disability accessibility, allergies and other requests, Support Sicily must be informed of all these requirements at the time of booking. If the customer fails to specify a special request within 7 days of making a booking, Support Sicily cannot guarantee that the request or need will be met. In this case Support Sicily will not be responsible or able to provide a refund.
9. Arrival and Departure
All customers can check-in no earlier than 4pm. The customer must clearly communicate to the property owner/manager or Support Sicily their estimated time of arrival time at the property. If a customer needs to change an arrival or departure time, the customer must receive a written confirmation from Support Sicily of the acceptability of the change. If while travelling to the rental property there is an unexpected delay such as a flight delay or car trouble, the customer must alert Support Sicily as soon as possible. If for some reason the arrival time is changed due to:
- an unexpected delay which results in a property owner or manager being unable to arrive on time;
- a property owner or manager being unable to adapt to a new arrival time, even if the new time is communicated in a timely fashion;
then Support Sicily will work with the customer to find a new acceptable arrival time. If delivery of the keys to the property is not possible on the arrival date, Support Sicily may decide to deliver property keys on the next available day. If the arrival time needs to be rescheduled, no refund will be granted.
The rental property must be vacated on the agreed departure date by 10am in the presence of the property owner/manager. The property owner/manager will be at the villa by 9:30am as check-out procedure usually takes 30 minutes depending on the property.
If the customer needs to check-out earlier than 10am, they will need to inform the property owner/manager on the day of arrival or with as much notice as possible during their stay so that an earlier check-out time can be agreed.
The customer will have the option to arrive at the villa before 4pm but only to be able to leave the luggage, and then check-in at the time set by these contractual terms.
10. Customer Issues and Complaints
On the rare occasion that a customer encounters a problem with a rental property, Support Sicily will work with the customer to provide an acceptable solution.
The customer will be provided with relevant contact details to enable 24-hour a day access to Support Sicily for the duration of the holiday.
Please note that Support Sicily cannot be held responsible for any problems that are reported subsequent to departure. It is important that complaints are registered promptly in order for them to be investigated fully. In the event of a problem, the following should be implemented immediately:
- As soon as a problem or complaint arises the customer should communicate it verbally to both Support Sicily and the property owner/manager immediately.
- If the problem or complaint persists the customer should notify Support Sicily immediately in writing.
Support Sicily will look into every problem and complaint on an individual basis and decide on the best course of action.
Support Sicily’s liability in all cases will be limited to the amount paid by the customer for the villa booking.
If Support Sicily agrees to refund a customer an email or an acceptance refund form will be sent to the customer via email. The customer must respond to the email, complete and return the signed form within seven days of receiving it. No refund will be granted if the customer fails to follow the instructions provided within the time-frames notified in these Terms & Conditions.
In case of refund agreed with the customer, Support Sicily will charge EUR 165 + IVA (22%) for administrative formalities.
No compensation will be offered in the following circumstances:
- The customer fails to notify Support Sicily of their complaint during their stay.
- The customer and the booking party have not taken reasonable care to protect themselves and the booked property.
- The customer or a member of the booking party is at fault.
- In the event of unusual or unexpected circumstances which are either unavoidable or beyond the control of Support Sicily (see section 13 for more information on circumstances beyond the control of Support Sicily).
- Any event which Support Sicily or the property owner/manager could not help or prevent.
- If the problem is resolved during the rental period.
- The offer of similar alternative accommodation by Support Sicily is accepted by the customer.
- The customer fails to accept and signed the "Customer Refund Form" within 7 days of receipt.
11. Health, Cancellation and Traveller's Insurance, Travel Documents
Support Sicily recommends that all customers obtain cancellation insurance. It is the customer's responsibility to obtain cancellation insurance. Support Sicily declines responsibility for loss due to customer cancellation.
All customers must be covered by travel insurance during the rental period. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that their insurance policy covers all accidents, loss and damage. If a customer fails to have the necessary insurance to cover losses of any kind, Support Sicily will not be held responsible. Support Sicily reserves the right to check whether the customer has taken a valid Insurance policy and may cancel the booking without refund in the event that the customer is not insured.
All customers are responsible for their own travel documents such as Visas and passports. Support Sicily is not able to provide passport and Visa advice. Cancellations of property rentals that occur because a customer was not admitted into Italy or failed to obtain the necessary documents to enter Italy will not qualify for a refund. Support Sicily bears no responsibility for the costs of obtaining the necessary travel documents nor will Support Sicily be responsible for any other losses or inconveniences relating to travel documentation. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that all members of the rental party have the required travel documents.
12. Safety, Injuries, Personal Damages and InsuranceSupport Sicily expects that all customers follow standard safety practises to prevent any occurrence of personal damages, injury or death. This is especially relevant when children are present on a rental property, especially when facilities such as swimming pools are present on the rental property. The safety and well-being of children on a rental property is the sole responsibility of the customer. Support Sicily takes no responsibility for children’s safety and well-being. Furthermore, neither Support Sicily nor the property owner/manager will be responsible for personal damages, injury or death that takes place on the rental property. If a property guide is present on the property, which explains the rules and guidelines for using the property facilities, all customers are expected to follow the instructions within that guide and to carry out daily checks of all facilities, including sports structures and swimming pools.
Sports structures on the rental property, including swimming pools, may not be used by individuals who are under the influence of alcohol or other substances. Support Sicily and the property owner/manager decline all responsibility for any damages or accidents caused by incorrect use of sports or recreational structures, including swimming pools, during the rental period.
13. Force Majeure and Issues Beyond the Control of Support Sicily
If the customer needs to cancel his booking due to a Force Majeure event, the customer shall claim a refund to his travel insurance (see section 11 for more information on Travel Insurance and section 6 for more information on Customer Cancellations).
14. Activities and Excursions
15. Extra Fees
16. Support Sicily’s Liability
Support Sicily chooses to work with the best property suppliers and property owners in Sicily. However, it should be noted that Support Sicily bears no responsibility for the properties themselves. Support Sicily concludes these Terms and Conditions with a concise list of occurrences and elements for which Support Sicily cannot be held responsible and for which it will not offer any compensation or refund. Support Sicily declines all responsibility and is explicitly not liable for claims that occur as a result of:
- the actions of the property owner and the actions of any of the property owner’s employees or collaborators;
- the services provided by the property owner, any of the property owner’s employees or collaborators or any other service provider;
- the fault of anyone other than Support Sicily;
- customer illness, injury or death;
- customer financial loss;
- damage or loss of the customer’s personal property;
- customer loss of any kind;
- errors or incorrect information stated on any documentation from Support Sicily where Support Sicily was not informed of the misinformation within five business days;
- financial loss due to excessive damages to a property during the customer’s rental period that go beyond the normal wear and tear of a property;
- financial loss due to the stated cancellation fees;
- the failure to inform Support Sicily within 7 days of customer booking of a special request or special needs;
- the fault of an occurrence or element of Force Majeure;
- failure to arrive at the rental property on the designated date/time;
- any false or untrue information provided by the customer;
- the customer’s inability to read or understand these Terms & Conditions.
17. Entertaining at the property
18. Website and Photo/Video Consistency
Information listed on the Support Sicily website www.wishsicily.com is subject to change at any time without notice. Support Sicily reserves the website information, including price, at any time.
Support Sicily property and location photos/video displayed on the Support Sicily website or anywhere else are designed to provide the customer with a general idea of the property’s basic characteristics. Please bear in mind that details about a property such as furniture, paint colours, garden layout etc. may differ from what is represented in a photo as Support Sicily properties are renovated and refurbished. Additionally, the customer must be aware that the location and the environment, including beaches and mountains, surrounding the rental property may have changed since the time a photograph was taken. Support Sicily cannot be held responsible for these changes and for the reasons listed above, Support Sicily recommends that all customers review the website for the most up to date information.
19. Arbitration & Mediation Clause
Every dispute arising under or connected to this contract will first be object of an attempt of mediation procedure under the European Directive 2008/52/EC in accordance with the Mediation Rules of D.Lgs. 28/2010 as adopted by Italy. The seat of the mediation will be the city of Palermo. If the dispute is not resolved within 120 days of the official request for mediation, the dispute shall be settled by arbitration. The arbitrator shall have no connection with the mediator or the mediation proceedings, unless both parties have consented in writing. The Arbitral Tribunal will consist of a sole arbitrator appointed pursuant to those Rules. The arbitration will be formal. The Arbitral Tribunal will decide in accordance with the rules of EU Law adopted by Italy. The seat of the arbitration will be Palermo. The language of the arbitration will be Italian. The decision of the arbitrator will be final and binding on both parties.