Managing a discount request
how to best manage a discount request for your Sicily villas
You might have already received discount requests, and given the current economic uncertainty, these requests occur with an increasing frequency.
Obviously, whether to accept or not a request for a discount only depends on you, however, the tips listed below can help you to drive the deal, in both cases:
- Do not interpret the discount request as an insult to the value of your Sicily holiday home. The discount request from the client is legitimate and absolutely normal.
- Ponder on the lowest possible management costs. A reservation that generates a minimum profit is always better than leaving your villa in Sicily empty. Such consideration should be certainly made if you were to receive a last minute request or you have to deal with a cancellation.
- If you are not able to offer a lower price, tell them the reasons mentioning the high season request and/or the management costs. In turn, offer possible alternative services or recommend a period of low season. Some customers are flexible and might choose a different check-in date.
- If you are not able to offer a discount, suggest the likelihood of receiving some extra services for instance, in addition to the welcome hamper, offer a guided tour, tickets for a main event or a welcome dinner.
- In the event the request concerns a medium term reservation, for instance for 2/3 weeks, offer a discount of at least 10% on the second and/or third week of stay. The customer will have the feeling his/her request has been welcomed and you, on the contrary, guarantee yourself a coveted medium term reservation.
- Lastly, you may welcome a discount request in case of an immediate payment of the entire amount of the reservation. This will ensure a profit even in the event of cancellations.