Your holiday home will require a general cleaning and maintenance check at the beginning of each sojourn, in order to ensure that everything is in order and works properly before the arrival of your guests.
A well-kept as well as clean holiday home will significantly reduce the risk of any complaint filed by the customer-tourist. On the other hand it will increase the chances of getting positive feedbacks at the end of their stay and the likelihood your guest would recommend your holiday home to friends and relatives on their way back.
Here are some useful tips to be kept in mind, in order to grant the customer-tourist a clean and well maintained holiday home:
- If you do not have enough time or you are just not willing to clean your house at the beginning of each stay, consider the possibility of hiring a cleaning team or a cleaning lady on site. The hourly rate for cleaning service varies from € 7 to € 15 according to your property location in Sicily.
- Check the status and operation of bathroom fixture, make sure there is no mould nor moisture and that all electrical appliances work properly.
- Check the heating and air conditioning: make sure the filters get cleaned properly at the beginning of each season.
- Check that all electrical equipment remote controls are working rightly and leave a set of batteries in the house as well as a stock of the main light bulbs in case any of them gets burnt out.
- It is recommended to provide the property with a handy emergency light in case the power gets cut off.
- Make sure that dishes and linens are clean and fragrant.
- Make sure to vacuum the carpets and do not forget to inspect sofas, curtains, and mattresses.
- Leave a small toolbox somewhere in the house: your guests may need to use a pair of pliers or a screwdriver during their holiday.
- Test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors on a regular basis.
- Make sure all the outer areas of your property are clean and well kept (e.g.: garden, swimming pool, barbecue etc ...)
- Do not forget, in addition, to supply a phone book of useful numbers (e.g. plumber, electrician etc...) in the event that you shall not be able to go yourself to solve any problems that may occur during the sojourn, immediately.